screen artifacts on small laptop

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Thu Jun 9 17:04:47 EDT 2005

A small followup:

>Back again,
>
>I'll try to keep it down to three or four times a day, max <g>
>
>Screen artifacts on my laptop (a Pismo - Apple) have been quite a
>problem lately. Fields and buttons often pile up on top of each
>other, in the vertical dimension. It doesn't seem to happen on my
>desktop machine with a much bigger screen. Otherwise, everything
>seems to be working very well.

I just noticed that very similar artifacts do occur on my desktop
machine with a larger display, which I run on 1024 X 768. There's a
big difference, though. Something corrects the artifacts within a
second or less, without any intervention from me. In both cases, it
happens on the taller stacks, scalable, with a scrolling group.

The Pismo is a G3. The desktop machine is a G4. I don't know of
that's relevant.

Thanks again,

Tim