Call vs Send

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Jun 8 19:13:43 EDT 2005

>On Jun 8, 2005, at 3:16 PM, Dick Kriesel wrote:
>
>>You can find the name of the group that contains the target in "the long
>>name of the target."
>
>That only gets you the name of a group that contains something with
>the same name as the target.  Unlike 'me', 'the target' does not
>uniquely identify the desired object.
>
>Dar

Hmm, I just created two groups named differently, each with a button
of the same name. Each button called same a handler on the card with:

  get the short name of the owner of the target

This returned a different, and correct, group name depending which
button I clicked.

Isn't this what the original poster wanted?

Similarly

   get the id of the target

returns the proper, and unique, id of the button clicked. So while
the target itself returns incomplete description to uniquely identify
an object, it can still be used to get unique identification as far
as I can see.

Robert