imageSource bug?

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Wed Jun 8 18:47:07 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am working on some sort of outliner. On each line the first word is
like
a header. It can have zero or more "#" chars indicating the level of
indent
followed by one char which can be "^", "*" or "•". This is followed by
the
name of the topic.
I set the imageSource of all the chars in the first word. # is an
transparent gif
and the other 3 chars are images of a triangle.

Ok all works well for a while and suddenly my scripts break.
The intendetion and the triangles are still ok but the first word
has disapeared.
I finaly discovered what happens. All the chars with an imageSource
get replaced by ascii 32, a space char, so of course my first word,
or what should be my first word is gone since it has become just some
spaces.

Has anyone expirienced this before and/or does someone know
a work around for this unwanted behaviour.
I checked the archives but found nothing directly. There was some
mentioning
of html text to speed things up but that's not quite related.

All help is much apreciated since this has cost me already quite a lot
of time and frustration.

Sincerly
Claudi

Ps This is with OS X.2 and both with runrev 2.5.1 and 2.6