Seting an object's geometry by script

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 8 16:59:34 EDT 2005

Éric Miclo wrote:
> Does someone know if there is a way to set an object's geometry by
> script and where I can find some documentation to write the
> corresponding scripts.

The Geometry Manager is triggered by the engine's resizeStack message.
You can use that message directly like this:

  on resizeStack x,y
     set the rect of fld 1 to 20,12,x-20,y-20
  end resizeStack

In the card or stack script of a stack containing a field, that script
will resize the field's rectangle so its topleft is at 20,12, and the
right is 20 pixels in from the right edge of the stack and the bottom is
20 pixels up from the bottom of the stack.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation