Problem loading libraries?

Walton Sumner wsumner at im.wustl.edu
Wed Jun 8 13:37:12 EDT 2005

On a Win XP/SP2 tablet with Rev 2.5.1, if I open the Revolution application,
click "Message Box", and type 'revXMLtrees()' and enter, I get no error and
the function returns an empty string. If I open Sarah's handy xmldemo stack
from the file menu, everything works fine. If I click "Documentation,"
everything works fine.

On the other hand, if I double click the xmldemo stack icon in windows
explorer to launch Revolution and open the stack at the same time, click
"Message Box", and type 'revXMLtrees()' and enter, I get this error:

Message execution error:
Error description: Function: error in function handler

If I then go to the documentation and click "Dictionary", and type 'xml',
the list of entries restricts itself properly, but the entries do not select
with mouse clicks.

These are consistently reproducible behaviors on my tablet.

My iMac G5/Panther with RR2.6 does not have these problems: the xml library
loads and runs without error either way, as do the xmldemo and documentation
stacks.

Does anyone know what the problem is with the XML library and the
documentation stack?  Is there a simple way to make them work right when you
double click a stack in Windows explorer? Can anyone tell if the problem is
fixed in RR 2.6 on Windows? (I'm waiting to install, after the flurry of bug
reports)

Bob Hartley might have had the same problem in January (see: 'xml demo not
working' in the archives), but no one answered him.

Thanks,

Walt Sumner