dump newbie image questiosn

John Ridge ridge11103 at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 8 13:24:37 EDT 2005

on 6/6/05 12:38 pm,  Alex Tweedly wrote :

snip

John,

I tried to do that, and ran into some problem.  I think this is maybe
one of the Win vs Mac menu problems (that people on here keep talking
about, but I have deliberately kept myself blissfully ignorant :-)  (I'm
on Win XP)

************

Alex

I'm really sorry about this - I've only just run my image testbed (user
space "jmr") on a Windows machine. I had no idea that the results would be
so disconcerting. I have read about the need to allow 20 pixels clearance
for the within-window menu on Windows, but I hadn't seen the implications of
"sharing" the stack  - i.e. that it might find itself running under Windows.

Whoops! I'll try to take that more seriously in future. I hope the latest
version is less Windows-hostile!

Regards
John