Economics & Eye Candy

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Tue Jun 7 20:16:56 EDT 2005

Yeah, I'll give you that. And there may be some value in looking at
an implementation like Jython, which uses Python but allows calling
Java classes where appropriate. As long as I never have to actually
look at Java source. Yuk.

On Jun 7, 2005, at 4:31 PM, Brian Yennie wrote:

> LOL... (and I try to avoid writing that when it's not true).
>
> In all seriousness, though- I'm curious if a selective
> implementation would be that bad. Java GUI crawls, and so does
> string manipulation, but not ALL java does. I dislike Java as much
> as the next guy (the next guy on this list, anyway), but there is
> *some* fast, powerful java out there.
>
> - Brian
>

>> You mean other than a three-orders-of-magnitude slowdown?
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> Dan

>>> I wonder what could be done by integrating with Java....
>>>
>>> --
Dan Shafer, Co-Chair
RevConWest '05
June 17-18, 2005, Monterey, California