File name of stack weirdness

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Jun 7 14:18:28 EDT 2005

In my experience this is normal OS X/Unix behavior. The "root" level
of the system is defined as the "top" level of the boot volume, so in
a terminal if you do 'cd /' you are taken to the top level of the
boot drive. If my boot volume is 'Macintosh HD' that information is
not included in the path name. However, if I want to access a file or
folder on another volume I must preface the cd command with /Volumes/
DriveName.

The behavior is Rev is consistent with the unix file system model and
is completely expected.

HTH
Devin