RUNREV 2.6 DOESN'T WORK

Damien Girard dam-pro.girard at laposte.net
Tue Jun 7 12:51:17 EDT 2005

MisterX a écrit :

>Damien
>
>I agree with you that Rev is very "Mac" only quality oriented and
>the other platforms' appearance manager (out of macs) is just useless.
>
>There's GTK and there's gnome. I've run Metacard on suse 9 with both
>installed and dont remember having problems. I may ditch Windows any
>day and join you in the rant but generally Rev works... If not, make
>a critical or blocker bug - it MAY get some attention... ;)
>
>Im sure someone in RunRev will come to the rescue ;) They are good people
>and now should be sober from the release celebration and jubilation.
>
>There's new features and many fixes in every runrev release and
>contrary to many unix products they usually fare quite well on Mac
>and a bit less on PCs. I stopped unix because of their lousy look and
>feel but it doesn't mean they dont work...
>
>I think there's more international clients like you and me that would
>like to see "correct" international and diacritical text handling (not
>to mention justification, leading and kerning or even a simple field
>rotation feature. But who knows where RunRev picks their priorities.
>
>It sure dont come from the Unix or Windows professional needs that many
>windows and clients need compared to a 10% PC/developpers' population eager
>for eye candy. But RunRev is a multimedia tool with excellent text list or
>database or anything manipulation tool.
>
>Meanwhile, rev is still the best i know on windows "that resembles HyperCard
>and MacOS or my own OS in my own hands." I make my own appearances (without
>the "closed" appearance feature that completely missed the "theme" bandwagon
>10 years ago...). That's lame imoho. Rev prefers building mac only features
>instead of fixing their cross platform problems (so many i wont mention them
>- Kevin should working strictly on a PC to feel how hostile it can be...
>
>I would gladly enjoy COM objects in rev applications more than MacOS eye
>candy... Wouldn't that be a more business empowering feature? I wonder where
>they pull their resources for such trivial non-practical features... But
>hey, i could go on for hours! C'est la vie...
>
>But Rev, MC works and rocks!!! A bit less than other tools but without the
>development overhead and practically none of the limits (cough cough)...
>
>cheers
>Xavier ;)
>http://monsieurx.com - Objects on the rocks, shaken not stirred

Linux can have a very great look and feel, but need some work.
Where I can download Metacard ? Because if Metacard work, I'll can write
software for Linux.
Because, I have opened a lot a bug report about Revolution and linux,
but answers aren't so fast than MacOS bug reports.
I just want a Runrev without any nasty bug, and who work just fine under
linux with all feature of the OS (most important feature).
Because, I like Runrev, and I like linux too...