pass

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Jun 7 07:03:47 EDT 2005

Hi Lars,

If you want to skip sytem messages just lock messages:

on MyGo
   lock messages
   repeat x times
     go next
     do this
     do that

As for pass, this control structure means that you let the message
going along in the hierarchy after doing your stuff so other "higher"
objects can intercept it.
You might be interested in (Announced by Heather 2 days ago):

The Message Hierarchy scripting conference stack is now online and
available for download at:

<http://support.runrev.com/scriptingconferences/>

This conference stack was written and will be presented by Richard
Gaskin, known Revolution guru and frequent contributor to both our
mailing list and our community. He has done a wonderful job with this
topic and I am sure you will be equally impressed at his presentation
this Saturday.

Le 7 juin 05 à 12:05, Lars Brehmer a écrit :

>  am having a novices problem grasping the "pass" control structure.
> Let's say i have a stack with a preOpenCard handler, but I want to
> run through the stack and want to skip the preOpenCard.
>
> stack script:
>
> on preOpenCard
>   do this
>   do that
>   etc.
>

> but another script:
>
> repeat x times
>   go next
>   do this
>   do that
>
> and I want to skip the preOpenCard handler.  Is "pass preOpenCard"
> the way to do this, and if so, where the heck does it go?

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86