Stack name vs file name indication

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Mon Jun 6 21:58:41 EDT 2005

At 10:28 AM +1000 6/7/2005, Sarah Reichelt wrote:
>Also of use is "delete stack whatever" which despite it's scary
>name, actually only deletes the copy from memory, so you can reload
>the working version.

Cautionary warning for those not familiar with delete stack: if you
use the command on a main stack, it behaves just as Sarah says, but
if you use it on a substack it will actually delete it from the file
the next time it's saved. Be careful out there.

(A while back, I bugzilla'd a request to add a command "remove
<substack> from <mainstack>", while deprecating and eventually
removing the ability to use "delete stack" on substacks - basically
to avoid any confusion arising. It's bug 1081, if you want to check
it out.)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com