who's out there?

SimPLsol at aol.com SimPLsol at aol.com
Mon Jun 6 20:24:03 EDT 2005

     My accountant had returned from a seminar. The presenter had suggested
everyone double their prices. One of the accountants in the room protested:
"I'd lose half my business." The presenter smiled and said: "Perfect, you'd get
the same revenue - with half the work."

     The flaw in this is that you need a certain volume to get "traction".
Look at Smalltalk and MC as examples.

     About a year ago the list's resident wordsmith, Richard Gaskin, observed
that, for Rev "the low hanging fruit has been picked". He meant us - the
former MC and HC developers. To expand the market Rev MUST appeal to newbys. I
think this is a very good thing. Making the product solid enough, clean enough,
and well-documented enough for them will help everyone.

     I have been in this situation for 18 years. I make a business system
that we sell to companies without IT departments. It has to be good! And so it
is.
Paul Looney