dump newbie image questiosn

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Jun 6 16:44:37 EDT 2005

Chipp Walters wrote:

> Alex and Jon,
>
> See the function I posted. It's really fast and invisible to the user,

I'm surprised it can be faster than   "the formatted width" of an image
that you have already imported (or referenced via file). Given that I
know I'm going to display the photo, it seems like an extra effort to
create an image, import the file into it, check its size, then delete
the image.

Given a "lock screen" in the right place, using the formattedwidth of
the image that you have already imported (or referenced) is also
invisible to the user (and seems like it ought to be faster).

> and will return the image size in pixels BEFORE you import it into
> your stack (or set the filename). I use it for ImageGadget.

If you use those pixel sizes to set the dimensions of the image object
you are going to use, then you again have the problem of  losing track
of the maximum size available for the image; that was Jon's latest
question, and my latest answer.

So unless there's a way to get the image to display at a specified size
without setting the width, height of the image then I can't see how this
helps with the most recent question.

Am I just missing something ?  (or has the "crossing-in-time" nature of
email led to some confusion ?)