two questions (was Re: Uh-oh.... Anybody following WWDC?)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Jun 6 14:47:25 EDT 2005

First of all, where will our altivec and nice array number juggling go?
and those extra registers? and the thing about little endian and big
endian? anyone assuming byte orders and stuff like that will be doomed
to the hell of debugging.

Second, how does it affects us developers? and how it affects RunRev?
Generation of code for MacOS X will have to be fat binary now, can two
versions of the engine co-exist in the same file? Will the port of
Revolution be easy?

now, forgetting the hell freezes over tales, can this be a oportunity
like a race for RunRev, I don't see many jumping the bandwaggon now.
This could pose as a nice chance for RunRev to port Revolution fast to
the new architecture and be one of the first easy to use development
tool available on the new (... damn) platform. Since our code is engine
based, as long as the engine runs, all our apps will run (... externals
should need recompilation).

The XCode 2.1 is already available for those luck enough to be at WWDC,
expect it to reach developers.apple.com soon.

man, I am both afraid and curious.

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004
Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL