Audio problems

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Jun 6 01:01:46 EDT 2005

On Jun 5, 2005, at 5:08 PM, Brad Borch wrote:

> I can't get any settings but RAW codec to record. I get static or
> worse with other settings. I also can't get MP3's to play from within
> Revolution. I'm using Dreamcard 2.5.1 on a Mac 10.3.9, Quicktime 7.

Brad,

Don't try to record or play compressed sounds unless you are using (1)
a player object to play back or (2) have set the recordFormat to
QuickTime for recording sounds. The native playback and recording in
Rev just don't handle compressions. You have to go through QuickTime
for that.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University