dump newbie image questiosn

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Mon Jun 6 07:37:42 EDT 2005

Mark:

I have no interest in writing DLLs for every platform.  The whole reason
I am trying to learn Rev is to avoid this!

Delphi can create DLLs.  If it worked on the Mac, I wouldn't be here at
all.  Delphi (Kylix) already runs on Linux...

The "hard" part of my image viewer is already done: I've figured out all
of the algorithms.  All I have to do is translate them into Rev and I'm
cross-platform.  Too bad it's so slow.

Decades ago, when cross-platform compatibility using interpreters was
also interesting, there was a system called the p-System.  It predated
the Apple entirely.  In that system, there was a "native code" pragma
that allowed one to force small parts of the code to be optimized.  Such
a facility in Rev would be very powerful.  Not trivial, and perhaps not
even possible, but powerful.

:)

Jon