Dreamcard Roadster in the future???

Marty Billingsley marty at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Sun Jun 5 14:44:11 EDT 2005

Ken Ray writes:
> I think it may actually be better if RunRev wants to consider running
> content in a plugin that it consider outputing stacks to Flash and running
> them with *that* plugin (since it is so ubiquitous) rather than creating
> their own plugin.

I'll second that.  I've been wishing I could develop Flash pages
using RR for a couple of years now.  RR's interface is simple enough
that my students can actually create some nice projects in the course
of an eleven-week class, but there's absolutely no hope of them doing
anything impressive in that time with Flash.  And I'd like my students
to be able to show off their projects via the web without making the
audience download and install a player or download a potentially
buggy application.

I know a lot of people disagree, but Flash isn't going away anytime
soon, and just about everyone has the shockwave plugin installed.
What's wrong with jumping on that bandwagon?

  - marty

--
Marty Billingsley (marty at ucls.uchicago.edu)
The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools