Volume control Question

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Jun 5 14:01:35 EDT 2005

>> I was wondering is there was a way to control the volume of
>> something with a
>> slider so that if the slider was one the value 0 there would be no
>> sound, and
>> if it was on 100, the sounds was as high as it could go

> put this into the script of your scrollbar:
>
> on scrollbardrag t_value
>   set the playloudness of player 1 to t_value
> end scrollbardrag

Also note that "playLoudness" can set the volume of a player object itself
(set the playLoudness of player 1) as well as setting the overall volume of
the system globally (set the playLoudness to 50).  As I recall, the latter
sets the overall system volume level on MacOS and sets the Wave volume level
on Windows.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director