who's out there?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Jun 5 12:18:16 EDT 2005

On Jun 5, 2005, at 1:05 PM, Jon wrote:

> I'm curious.  How many of you use Rev to make a living, and how many
> of you just play with it.  I'm at the point where I can't believe
> anyone could use it to do serious development.  It is just too buggy,
> syntax idiosyncrasies and sloth aside.
>
> And how many of you successfully deploy cross-platform applications?
> That is my holy grail, but I'm so far away from that I can't even
> imagine it.
>
> Finally, are there any cross-platform dos and don'ts?  I read that the
> Ask Files dialog is system-dependent at the Filters level.  I
> understand why this might be necessary, but it sure shoots a hole in
> simple cross-platform applications.
> :)
>
> Jon

Jon,

Rev and Rev coded solutions are now my main source of incomme. Yes, Rev
has some glitches, but one can work them out fine. There are many folks
on this list that are deploying rev solution to many high level
clients. Check altuits page and check hemingway app. For one that is
used to more 'formal' (man, I lack the adjetive) progamming languages
like C, Pascal, Java, the xTalk languages might first prove very
strange, but with time, one learns to trully like this thing. I can't
even think of coding in C anymore. As for the crossplatform stuff, I am
delivering apps for win32 but I am coding them in a Mac, it works fine
for me.

And for the do's and dont'ts, there are more skilled people in this
list than me, they will point out.

Andre

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL
http://studio.soapdog.org