rev interferes with Mozilla ThunderBird

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Sun Jun 5 12:02:44 EDT 2005

All hell broke loose last night.  When I got up, Norton Antivirus
claimed it was unable to complete a scan because it ran out of
resources, and recommended uninstalling and reinstalling.  And Mozilla
Thunderbird suddenly claimed I had no email accounts and no saved
messages. I rebooted.

It took an hour or so to get the help I needed to restore ThunderBird (a
preference file had been corrupted: the data was all there, just not
properly connected).  And Norton seems to be scanning along just fine,
hour after hour.

ThunderBird is behaving strangely, though.  When I try to delete a
message, it doesn't work most of the time.  If I kill Rev, TB works just
fine.

TB did not work this way yesterday, and Rev is the only new software
I've been using for the past week, so I'm tempted to "blame" Rev for the
current rash of problems.

Does any of this sound familiar to any of you?

:)

Jon