File Read/Write in a built app

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Jun 4 22:47:32 EDT 2005

Could be a few things.

1. File pathing issues. This is tricky when you build Mac OS X
standalones because the app is in a bundle and when you ask Rev to
give you the path to the app, it goes to the bundle and digs down.

2. Maybe you're trying to save data to a file that is a Rev stack?
Won't work in a standalone if the Rev stack is the mainstack.

3. COuld be file permissions issue, esp on OS X or *nix.

4. If you're delivering as a Rev stack using the Dreamcard Player
there are other issues, as I recall.

So if you could be a bit more specific, we may be able to help you
sort this out.

Dan Shafer, Co-Chair
RevConWest '05
June 17-18, 2005, Monterey, California