OT: but interesting to Mac users

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sat Jun 4 11:55:07 EDT 2005

WHat a mess. I, for one, don't look forward to this changeover. It
will not be hassle-free by a long shot. The last one (osx) was not
that smooth and took 5 years to get right. And every developer has to
re-compile every app. Nice. And what do we do in the stores;
Apple-MotoIBM versions and Apple-INTEL versions? A lot of people are
not going to understand. And a lot of people are going to cling to
their old G5s and good old Tiger.

That should do as well as dual stocking for mono and stereo LPs did
in the late 50's.

Also what about the superiority of the G5 ?? The amazing server-farm
supercomputers, etc.

Can't these guys find another source for G5 chips?

sqb