OT fine musical instruments. WAS progress bars

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sat Jun 4 05:47:49 EDT 2005

I well remember, in the early/mid-eighties, attending a demonstration
of the 'indestructible' Status Bass (also carbon graphite/fibre,
whatever) at the Bass Centre in London. To demonstrate the strength of
the instrument, the guy from Status laid the bass across two chairs and
then jumped on the middle, if you see what I mean. Needless to say, the
damn thing broke in two, much to the huge amusement of all present,
including the demonstator.

I never did see the necessity for instruments to be indestructible, and
I've stuck with wooden basses ever since, and they're even flammable.
:)

Mark