player visibility bug?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jun 3 15:27:03 EDT 2005

On 6/3/05 12:42 PM, Eric Chatonet wrote:

 > Hi Jacque,
 >
 > I did not want to hurt you.

Oh, not at all. No offense taken in the least.

 > Sometimes, my bad english makes things seemingly a little bit hard...

Your English is excellent, and much better than my French. I don't know
any French. :)

 > And I found it when I read again my mail...
 > Do you want to excuse me?

There is nothing to excuse. You haven't done anything wrong at all.

 > On the other hand, I dug the question by testing if there was a
 > difference when the file did not have any video track: that's should
 > have shown how much the engine is precise :-)
 > Infortunately not.

I just did a test too. I set a player to the filepath of an mp3 file and
hid the player. In Revolution, starting the player shows it again! I
couldn't make the player start and remain hidden.

Then I did the same thing in MetaCard. Here, I can keep the player
hidden and it does play. These tests are all on Mac OS X.

So it looks like the difference is in the IDE. Rev does not allow me to
start a hidden player. Possibly this is to prevent the Windows bug from
occuring. MetaCard does play correctly with the player hidden.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com