player visibility bug?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jun 3 12:25:01 EDT 2005

Hi Jacque,

As I do it usually, I verified with a QT movie before answering (Mac
OS 10.4.1 - Rev build 77):

on mouseUp
   start player 1
   wait 1 second with messages
   hide player 1 -- then stops
end mouseUp

on mouseUp
   start player 1
   wait 1 second with messages
   set the botRight of player 1 to "-1,-1" -- does not stop (of
course and fortunately :-)
end mouseUp

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 3 juin 05 à 18:13, J. Landman Gay a écrit :

> On 6/3/05 7:38 AM, Eric Chatonet wrote:
>
>> Hi Jon,
>> No, it's not a bug.
>> As a player is designed to play movies, then it stops when it is
>> hidden.
>>

> Actually, I think this only happens on Windows. On Macs, hidden
> players continue to play. So it is maybe a sort-of, kind-of,
> partial bug. The workaround is easy though, and I usually just set
> the location of the player offscreen for all platforms.

So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86