player visibility bug?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jun 3 08:38:15 EDT 2005

Hi Jon,

No, it's not a bug.
As a player is designed to play movies, then it stops when it is hidden.
It's a normal behaviour: there is nothing to watch :-)
So, instead of making your player invisible, let it visible but put
it out of the card window area: set the bottomRight of player
"MyPlayer" to "-1,-1".
Note that you can put any object out of range of the user's action by
placing it out of the card window without having to set its visible
to false.
It's a very old handy trick :-)

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 3 juin 05 à 14:23, Jon a écrit :

> I am writing a complex media player application.  I decided to hide
> the Player entirely, and use my own buttons instead.  When I make
> the Player invisible, everything stops working, as if I had deleted
> the Player.  Is this what the rest of you would have expected?

So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86