progress bars

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Thu Jun 2 16:32:44 EDT 2005

At 3:19 PM -0400 6/2/2005, Jon wrote:
>I can't find any documentation on Progress Bars.  I figure they are
>some kind of Scroll Bar, but the specific properties of a Progress
>Bar do not seem to be documented.  When I use terms like StartValue
>and EndValue, they become red, so they must be OK, but when I use
>the term CurrentValue, it is not red, so it must be wrong.  I have
>no idea what the correct property might be.

Progress bars are scrollbars whose style property is set to "progress".

You set a scrollbar's current position with the thumbPosition. So for
example if you want a progress bar with 100 increments, and you want
to set it to show the task is half done, you'd do

   set the startValue of scrollbar "Progress" to zero
   set the endValue of scrollbar "Progress" to 100
   set the thumbPosition of scrollbar "Progress" to 50
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com