get URL returning empty string

Dave Beck davethebrv at crystalpiersw.com
Thu Jun 2 12:58:22 EDT 2005

Thanks Chipp!!

But unfortunately putting the command in a repeat structure like that
doesn't seem to be helping. For some reason "get URL" returning empty is
quite consistent behavior on at least one customer's machine.

Might it help to use the "load" command instead? Are they implemented more
or less the same way internally? What about communicating through sockets?
Is that more reliable? (I am currently using a .php script to execute some
commands on the server and return a value.)

Thanks so much your help. It is really nice to have such a knowledgeable
person to turn to when the going gets tough.

Dave