Find numeric ? Help needed !

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Jun 2 10:53:01 EDT 2005

Hi Kresten,

>I have an apparent inconsistency with at handler using FIND. The
>searched are 10- digit numbers (daysecond) stored in  a specific  field
>"daysecond" in a parallel substack, I search them with a global variable
>("dato"), and for some numbers it works OK, but other numbers it fails.

Can you post a sample of the script you are using?

There are issues with numbers in general, such as finding a matching string
of digits within a larger number (eg: "123" in "41235"); but if all your
numbers are 10 digits and you are giving "find" a 10-digit numeric string,
that should not be a problem.

Rob Cozens

"The degree of civilization of a society can be measured by how it treats
its prisoners."

   -- Feodor Mikhailovich Dostoevski 1821-1881