Database query results into Combo Box list

Rishi Viner rishi at puredata.com.au
Wed Jun 1 23:42:17 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I'm new to this list and Revolution (although I did a fair bit of Hypercard
programming back in '92). I'm using Dreamcard 2.5.1 to build a data entry
form to assist with typing lots of info into a database.

I've done a lot of reading through the documentation and the archives for this
list, but haven't yet found an answer to my problem:

I want to populate a combo box (menu) with a list of items returned from a
database query. I can run the query OK, but how do I put the results into the
combo box menu? When I try using:

get revQueryDatabase(...)
put it into menu "RdNoMenu"

I just get one single number in there, not the 1000 or so records that would
have been returned by the select statement.

Any help appreciated, including where to look for the answer to this problem.
Cheers,

--
Rishi Viner
PUREDATA