Crashing during printing

shaosean at unitz.ca shaosean at unitz.ca
Wed Jun 1 23:29:21 EDT 2005

> What happens if you use Preview of Print to PDF instead of actually
> printing? Does that crash too?

Yup.. Clicking any 3 of the buttons in the print window (Preview, Save PDF, Print) all result in
129 pages being "Processed" and then a crash (Do you want to submit this to Apple).. RunRev
2.0.3 made it to 130 pages ;-)

I need to be able to print anywhere from 1 page documents to 1000-plus documents.. It's a
niche tool custom written for the company I work for, but if I can't print from RunRev I'll have to
look at other environments to program in for this (which is too bad because the other tools are
in RunRev and I was hoping to just convert this into a plugin for the main program)..

> I think Chipp's solution of printing in batches would be the best

Not in this situation.. I did re-write the code to batch the print in 100's but everytime I had the
print dialog appear, not too good for something that's supposed to be automated..

-Sean
[Mac OS X 10.3.9, 1GB RAM, RunRev 2.0.3/2.5.1, no third party plugins, no libraries loaded]