About Piracy but not about that guy...

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Jun 1 23:11:08 EDT 2005

On the subject of piracy. Does anyone here remembers the Apple Newton?
Each newton had a unique ID that could not be spoofed, so the
combination of unique ID and the users own data was a good way to
generate serials, for example to register an app you'd open a webpage
and enter your email and your newton unique id. This way piaracy was
minimal for no one could forge or fake a newton ID... I think computers
should have the same thing, would make life easier.

the newton is/was the most amazing machine I ever used...

andre