get URL returning empty string

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Jun 1 19:39:57 EDT 2005

Hi Dave,

There may be a couple of reasons for this, either latency in your
network or a funny firewall and/or proxy setup.

Here's what you can do:

repeat 5 times
    put URL "http:/myURL.com" into tData
    if tData is empty then next repeat
end repeat

if tData is empty then
   answer "Can't get URL data!"
else
   put tData into fld "xyz"
end if

I've found this sort of repeat structure to help in these situations.