finding "global" procedures

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Jun 1 19:10:26 EDT 2005

You raise an important issue. To program effectively in Revolution,
you really need to understand the message-passing hierarchy. Nobody
has explained it better than Richard Gaskin at:

http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/revolution_message_path.html

There is no concept of global handlers. If you want a handler to be
accessible to all the message handlers in a given stack file, just
put it in the mainstack. If you want it available across multiple
stack files, you'll need to create it as its own mainstack and then
include it by making it a library with "start using."

HTH

Dan Shafer, Co-Chair
RevConWest '05
June 17-18, 2005, Monterey, California