documentation organizational problems

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jun 1 18:12:22 EDT 2005

Hi Jacque and everyone,

Lists of commands, properties, functions, etc. related to objects are
very useful for advanced users.
The same lists but related to actions, work with text strings,
images, internet, windows, etc. would be more efficient for beginners.
When you begin, you don't know the language: you only know the action
you want to perform...
Is what I want possible? Which words can I use for a result, not for
an object :-)
Rev docs are made by programmers for programmers.
As for me, I don't complain...
As for newbies: move away or expect you will have to make a very
significant effort to answer the mystery!
Don't you regret this?

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 1 juin 05 à 23:21, J. Landman Gay a écrit :

> On 6/1/05 2:24 PM, Jon wrote:
>

>> Unlike programming languages like Delphi, C, or Java, methods are
>> not explicitly associated with objects in Revolution.  This means
>> that it is very difficult to use the Rev documentation to find all
>> of the methods (commands) for images, or for string manipulation.
>> Am I the only one who finds this to be awkward, time consuming,
>> and frustrating?
>>

> I think what you want (if I understand right) is in the docs
> already. Click the "Objects" icon at the top of the documentation
> window. Under each heading (which represents an object) is a list
> of commands and properties associated with that object.
>
> --

So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86