[ANN] Property List Table version 4 --Final??? for Rev 2.5.1

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Wed Jun 1 15:54:28 EDT 2005

Well, just as soon as I thought I had everything finalized on this
stack, Eric Chatonet (the guy who got me going with some script ideas
in the first place) took my stack and made major improvements to it
for his own use.  It has been quite an education for me to work on
this stack, and even more so having someone like Eric rewrite it in
his style and experience for me to study from.  He has allowed me to
use his improvements and share them with everyone.  I made a few
further tweaks to the functionality of the stack and to get rid of a
mysterious bug.  I have uploaded the latest version to my user space
(see3d).

I have set the stack to topLevel to make it easy for looking at the
scripts.  It can be put into the plug-in folder and set to run
modeless.  It functions best as a reference when set to run
modeless.  There is a commented line in the script for this if you
want to force this style.

Here is a list the major functional improvements:

--Allowed arrow keys to select a line (will also open the docs if the
left column was clicked)
--Allowed search in the list with the keyboard (first letter only)
--Set the unused properties for a (sorted) object class to gray
--Fixed some dysfunctions when displaying the docs ("search for"
option preselected, similar entries, Rev version, etc.)
--Allowed opening the docs only when the left column is clicked
--Updated the topic displayed in the docs in real time when the mouse
is kept down in the left column (this feature needs a fast machine)
--Added enterKey and returnKey to open the docs
--Put all code into the card's script

Dennis