Broadband Optimizer for Revolution?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jun 1 14:49:08 EDT 2005

On Jun 1, 2005, at 12:24 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> But compliance with "current standards" or with named standards (e.g.
> UDP, TCP)  changes over time.

Does this mean that new standards can and do change the meaning of the
term TCP?  I didn't realize that.

I try to be hip but I'm just an old curmudgeon.  Words do change.  Once
in my pirate persona I said something about "booty" and my children
were shocked.

I'm glad you're on this list and can keep me honest.

> (though if I were doing inter-planetary comms, I wouldn't use TCP -
> I'd use parallel unidirectional streams, probably UDP, with FEC and
> transmit full-blast without congestion or flow control :-)

;-)

Well, if not flow control, maybe forward redundancy based on available
Joules and modeling of reception.  Perhaps a good model for both
control and human interaction would be email.

Dar