audioClip

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Jun 1 14:15:01 EDT 2005

On Jun 1, 2005, at 11:32 AM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> Sorry, this feels like a really dumb question, but I've already wasted
> my required two hours searching through the docs .....
>
> How do I create an audio clip within a stack ?
>
> I have a wav file - but I want to include it as a clip within the
> stack. I can find all kinds of ways to change it, to play it, to
> change the defaults used when I create a new audioclip - but I'll be
> darned if I can find out how to actually create one.
>
> I know it's not "create" - that's only for items that go on a card.
> I can't use copy or clone - I don't have one yet to do that with :-)
>
> So if someone could give me a pointer to the bit of the docs that I
> can't find, I'd be very grateful.

Alex,

I think you're asking how to record an audio clip directly into the
stack. You can't currently do that with the record sound command-- that
only lets you record to an external file. However, you could do it in a
few steps:

	record sound command to record to an external file
	import command to import the file as an audio clip
	delete file command to delete the (now) unwanted external file.

Kind of kludgy, but should work.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University