Problems Importing an Image [was Re: Problems Cutting and Pasting Objects]

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Wed Jun 1 09:11:13 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm revisiting the problem related to the one described below.  I'm
trying to import a JPEG of Mac OS X's striped background to use as a
background for a stack.  I need to import it into a group (background),
so that it will appear on every card created, but the menu item
File/Import As Control... only works at the stack level.  If I'm
editing a group, File/Import As Control... does nothing.  And, as
described below for buttons and fields, if I import the image into the
stack level, I cannot cut and paste it into the group using keystrokes
or Paste Objects under the Edit menu!  I used to be able to do this.
My work-around is to simply import the image to the stack level and
make it a one-object background.  Kind of a big hassle for something
that should take a second.

	Greg

--- My original post
I'm having problems cutting and pasting fields and buttons between the
stack level and a background in Mac OS X.  If I cut a button using the
Cut command under the Edit menu, and then edit a group, nothing happens
when I try to Paste.  Is this a bug?