Screen Resolution

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 31 22:30:23 EDT 2005

See screenDepth

Value:
The screenDepth function returns 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 24, or 32.

The value returned by the screenDepth function is updated only when you
start up the application. If you change the screen settings after
starting up the application, you must quit and restart to update the
screenDepth.

This does not make doing it easy. But it is possible. A start up app
might change it and then quit while opening another app but then you
would have to also change it upon quiting.

Tom

On Jul 31, 2005, at 2:36 PM, curry wrote:

> I've seen people berated for asking this question, because others
> assume it will not be done responsibly on the Mac, which can have some
> side effects. (So, best to either let the user choose whether to
> change, or do something like kill the finder ??? or whatever it is
> they do to avoid the side effects.) On PC, of course, it's common.
>
> I think this is always a good question, and I would also like to know
> what are the best ways currently, for PC and for Mac.
>
> Curry
>
> --
>
>> Hi everyone:
>>
>> Can anybody tell me how can I change the screen resolution through a
>> script?
>>
>> Thanks

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6

Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems