Help, what am I doing wrong???

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sun Jul 31 14:14:05 EDT 2005

In Python, too, you can change the loop variable; but every time
execution goes back to the top of the loop, the variable takes on the
next value it _would have_ taken, no matter what you've done to it in
the meantime. (If I remember right.) Kind of a handy combination --
as long as you remember how it works. But this proviso presumably
applies to _any_ implementation of loop variables, except one that
relieves your memory of the burden by raising an error if you even
try to change the variable. That's safest, but kind of . . .
paternalistic, yes?

Charles