Video tutorials - OS X

docmann docmann at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 12:42:41 EDT 2005

 >Mark wrote:
 >Why don't I get video with the Rev OnLine tutorials in OS X 10.4?
Only audio.
 >This has probably been covered... but is there an easy answer?

Don't know if this is any help, but I just installed the Dreamcard trial
on  my new mac-mini (my first mac!). Even after installing the required
codec, the first video I tried still would not play. However, shutting
down and restarting the Dreamcard app solved the problem completely.
Apparently, the codec is read an initialized by Rev and DC when they
start up.

 >Bill wrote:

>I noticed that the video tutorials take so long to download when you are >on a dial-up connection that sometimes just the sound plays.

The good news here is that the downloaded video is cached on the HD, so
the next time you need it there isn't a download involved. :)

HTH,
-Doc-