Getting the type code of a file under OSX

Joel Guillod joel.guillod at net2000.ch
Sun Jul 31 03:36:21 EDT 2005

Ken,

Why do you bother with the second parameter pType? Just drop it and
change the following from:

   put urlEncode(last item of pFilePath) into tItem
   delete last item of pFilePath
   put the directory into tOldDir
   set the directory to pFilePath
   if pType = "file" then
     put the detailed files into tDetailedList
   else
     put the detailed folders into tDetailedList
   end if

to:

   put there is a file pFilePath into tIsFile -- new script line
   put urlEncode(last item of pFilePath) into tItem
   delete last item of pFilePath
   put the directory into tOldDir
   set the directory to pFilePath
   if tIsFile then -- modified script line
     put the detailed files into tDetailedList
   else
     put the detailed folders into tDetailedList
   end if

then the first line of your function is simply:

    function stsFileInfo pFilePath

and that's it!

Cheers,

Joel