Changing input keyboard

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Jul 29 14:41:06 EDT 2005

This question was raised a while back, and I never saw a satisfactory
solution. If I want to change the input keyboard when the insertion
point goes to a field with non-Latin text, can it be done by scripting?

In OS X I change the input method by selecting the desired language/
keyboard layout in the input menu (the one with little flag icons in
it.) There is a similar process in Windows. Can this be scripted
under either or both OS's? I can find no obvious Transcript or
AppleScript way to do it on my Mac OS X system.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University