Missing Script Code in Afterword of My Book

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Fri Jul 29 12:05:10 EDT 2005

Judy....

On Jul 29, 2005, at 1:05 AM, Judy Perry wrote:

> You're a published writer; aren't you accustomed this this? (I
> personally
> know how this sux; see below for personal sob-story)

Yeah, it was less the mistake itself than the questions it raised in
my mind. If several hundred people have bought this book in one form
or another and nobody has yet pointed out this error -- which made
the major example in the book not work -- does this mean: (a) they
figured it out themselves (it *was* sort of obvious on one level);
(b) they didn't catch it at all; or (c) they haven't read the chapter
(or perhaps the book)?

As a writer, I know mistakes will appear in my code. I try hard to
test it and then copy-paste code directly rather than retyping it.
Over the years, reviewers have been consistently kind about the
paucity of at least code errors in my books. That's a rep I'd like
not to tarnish more than necessary.

Next time, I need to find copy-readers who are perhaps less
knowledgeable and who have and can take more time to review copy in
greater detail.

Dan Shafer, Revolution Consultant and Author
http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.revolutionpros.com, Click "My Stuff"