[OT] Windows Command Help

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Jul 29 03:41:04 EDT 2005

On Jul 28, 2005, at 11:39 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Well, that's the secret, then.
>
> Back to the drawing board. The shell solution is not acceptable. I
> am amazed (and shouldn't be) that a feature Mac OS has had for a
> long, long time is missing from the vastly more popular Windows OS.
>
> Heh heh.

Dan,

If you can't get anything else to work you could try the EnhancedWin
dll I posted the other day.  In addition to some commands that allow
you to limit your Windows apps to a single instance, there is also a
command that I use as a replacement for revMail and revGoURL that
should also work for files.  It is called ewinOpenURL.  Just pass the
file path instead of a url.  So something like this should work:

ewinOpenURL "c:\Some Folder\My Doc.doc"

The command uses the ShellExecute API on Windows which opens the file
in the default document whether it is a url or file.

You can download it here:
<http://www.mangomultimedia.com/download/revolution/enhancedwin/
EnhancedWin.zip>

There is a readme that explains how to use it.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com