Cloning stacks invisibly?

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Fri Jul 29 01:43:32 EDT 2005

Hi Terry,

> Is there any way to clone a stack invisibly? I've tried setting the
> loc of the stack to be cloned offscreen but the newly cloned stack
> still appears onscreen (at least under OSX).
>
> Any ideas?

Here's what I do, which clones a stack & positions the clone invisibly:

BEFORE cloning the stack, set a custom property of the template
stack. In this example, I set the cStoredRect of the template to the
the rect I want. Then I have this handler in the stack or card script
of the template stack:

on preOpenStack
   go invisible to this stack
   if the cStoredRect of this stack is not empty
   then set the rect of this stack to the cStoredRect of this stack
end preOpenStack

After changing the stack name & setting up the display, I then show
the newly cloned stack. This works really well and I get no flickers.

HTH,
Sarah