Newbie ? Answered

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Jul 28 10:19:27 EDT 2005

On Jul 27, 2005, at 6:47 PM, Kay C Lan wrote:

> On 7/27/05, Hamburger1 at aol.com <Hamburger1 at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> I know I have to and enthusiastically want to finally wean myself
>> from
>> HyperCard. I expect that will happen by the end of the year.

<snip>

> One warning though, Rev is NOT as stable as HC, and understandably so.

The instability is in the Development environment. The runtime engine
has been rock solid for me. That is, once the project is saved as a
stanalone, it is very stable.

> Rev has so many more features and has to cope with cross platform
> compatibility. Even so, its frequent crashes (2.6 is so much  better
> than 2.2) can become annoying unless you are prepared.

In fairness, crashes have almost disappeared since 2.5 came out. I
can't remember my last one. I do still occasionally encounter an
unrecoverable hangup in the IDE, so Kay's advice about frequent
backups is sound.

Regards,
Devin

Devin Asay