Newbie ? Answered

Hamburger1 at aol.com Hamburger1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 27 07:53:53 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone

If you've been following my problems I'll give you an update. I converted my
first HC stack yesterday. The first thing that went wrong was that when I
tried to add a menubar all my objects disappeared.

It turned out that I forgot to check off the "Set as menubar for Mac OS" box
in the menu builder. When I did that I could start a new menubar and edit it
to my heart's content.

That was fine until I tried to edit the new menubar. In the menubuilder
everything was grayed out. This problem was solved too when I went to the inspector
and brought up the menubar. When I unchecked "Behave like a background" I
solved that problem.

For the moment at least I'm doing fine for now. Chances are you'll hear from
me later today as my conversion education continues. Even with these problems
I know I have to and enthusiastically want to finally wean myself from
HyperCard. I expect that will happen by the end of the year.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Joe
Orlando, FL