Shell "start" with value

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Wed Jul 27 07:12:32 EDT 2005

For most shell batches, if found it extremely useful to
1 test it in a real batch... this proves the shell command HAS to work
2 put the whole shell command into a variable - this makes it easier to
debug...
3 Always enclose the paths (or verify that it needs) with quotes.

The verification is real easy:

if there is a space in mypath or "&" is in mypath then quoteit(mypath)

Last but not least, and this is a real tough one to find:
make sure that the directory is a valid path before launching your shell.

hope that gets you going!
cheers

---------------------=---------------------
Xavier Bury

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 27/07/2005 12:22:14:

> Ok should have given it 10 more minutes,
> Now I'm seeing it !
> got the line to work thanks for the direction,
> got it this way,
>
> put "setx" && "iploc" && quote & tiPadd & quote && "-m" into sSetenv
> get shell (sSetenv)
> set the hideConsoleWindows to true
>
> Thanks !!
> MisterX
>
> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 06:47 +0200, MisterX wrote:
> > for one, if there is a space in location, this will fail.
> > You will need to eclose it in quotes.
> >
> > Second the iploc and tipadd are strings not values in the
> > quotes.
> >
> >  get shell ("start" && quote & location & "setx.exe" & quote && IPLoc
&&
> > tIPadd)
> >
> > should work better
> >
> > cheers
> > Xavier
> > http://monsieurx.com

Michael
> > > Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 06:39
> > > To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> > > Subject: Shell "start" with value
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Have run into something I just seem to not solve and asking
> > > if someone may have an answer to this one.
> > > I'm running the shell command for and environment add and
> > > need to add the value with it, but of couse just get IPLOC=tIPadd.
> > > tIPadd is the value of and ipaddress.
> > > Anyone know how I can get this in there, its WinXP so I'm
> > > using the setx.exe file to get the environment add global.
> > >
> > > get shell ("start" && location & "setx.exe IPLoc tIPadd")
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help
> > > Michael

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER